PFW RECAP

Saturday, March 10, 2012
































I love love love Paris Fashion Week. 
With every show I see, I fall a little bit more in love... So, this post'll include a fine dose of my commentary. (You know, cause I usually don't write long posts) (Or talk about off-topic stuff all the time) (I would never)

The show I loved most definitely has to be Alexander McQueen. I think those layers of organza, taffeta and chiffon looked gorgeous, and I am especially buying the whole futuristic vibe of the collection. (Altough some say it's inappropriate because it's not wearable, I would wear all the pieces, I wouldn't even mind if my head was invisible for the time) (It's McQueen, who cares what my head looks like?!)

For every day outfits, especially going to school, I'd choose Carven and Paul & Joe. Paul & Joe surprised me a lot, as I'm not usually the biggest fan of their aesthetics, but with this collection, in my opinion, they really displayed the pure essence of modern woman. When it comes to Carven, the easygoing dresses are a thrill. (Would kill for the suede one)

The trend I'm most looking forward to are the pullovers showed in Balenciaga and Kenzo's collections. Superb! (I normally can't stand displaying designer of house's name on a garnment - you know, when all you can see is Guess written all over someone's bag/jeans or D&G all over their sneakers, but this time I love how Kenzo decided to put their name with the prints - it just looks amazing)

Kenzo is, next to McQueen, my favourite for a while now when it comes to PFW, and also ranks as one of my favourite fashion houses. I'm head over heels for their use of colors for a few seasons now and the green and the prints are once again, a hit for me.

Also, I adore Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli's work for the house of Valentino. Every season they think of a new way to make women feel beautiful - the execution was once again flawless and I especially love all the leather pieces.

When it comes to elegance and evening wear, I choose Lanvin and Elie Saab. Elie Saab always thrills me - I can't help myself, I just love sparkle. My favourite piece was the embelished nude - greyish dress Karlie Kloss wore. A showstopper.
Lanvin, ohhh Lanvin - Alber Elbaz found a perfect way to celebrate his work of ten year for the house - it was a celebration of womanliness. (Everyone's losing their mind over the black dress with white ruffles, but I'm fully committed to the green one) (And the blue diamond, too)

There you go, these are my ultimate crushes for the season... now I wanna hear yours!!

XOXO,
Lucija

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger.